Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Search results

1-10 results from 135 for query «blood donation»

February 18, 2018 7:48 AM Ashfoam, Rotary Club organise blood donation exercise

The Ashanti Foam Factory Limited (ASHFOAM), Rotary Club of Accra, Dzorwulu, and USDA-Amplifies Ghana have embarked on a blood donation exercise to support the National Blood Service. The donation was geared towards stocking the country’s blood bank to ensure there is sufficient blood to administer to patients during emergency cases. According to the Marketing 66

February 15, 2018 10:00 AM KATH calls for consistent blood donations from public

Head of Blood Transfusion Medicine Unit at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital [KATH], has called on the general public to adopt a constant attitude towards donating blood to continuously stock Blood Banks across the country. Dr. Shirley Owusu Ofori made the call at the 8th edition of a blood donation exercise organized by MTN-Ghana as part activities 291

September 22, 2017 12:42 PM Catholic Archdiocese of Accra launches 125th Anniversary

The Catholic Archdiocese of Accra on Thursday launched its 125th Jubilee Anniversary with a call on Catholic faithful to foster and deepen spiritual growth in Jesus Christ, with the correct knowledge and intellectual appreciation of the Catholic Faith. During the launch at the Holy Spirit Cathedral in Accra, the Most Reverend Charles Gabriel Palmer-Buckle 46

August 28, 2017 12:38 PM Guru Dr. Saint Gurmeet Singh Ram Rahim Ji Insan Jailed for Rapes

Parts of northern India were on lockdown Monday, with 4,000 government troops patrolling the streets, transport and mobile internet services suspended and religious worshippers prevented from gathering. The measures weren't a response to a natural disaster or political crisis, however, but the sentencing of a flamboyant religious leader who claims to have more than 50 million 71

August 26, 2017 2:12 AM Indian guru convicted of rape revered by millions

NEW DELHI — The millions of followers of the flashy Indian guru consider him the embodiment of God on Earth. So when he was convicted of rape Friday, tens of thousands of supporters responded with fury, setting off riots that left more than two dozen dead and buses, trains and buildings set on fire. Police said calm was restored on Saturday. When he appears 60

June 19, 2017 4:24 PM Ecobank supports blood donation efforts

On the occasion of World Blood Donor Day, Ecobank Foundation and Ecobank Ghana took to social media to create awareness on the importance of donating blood to save lives. The Chief Executive Officer of Ecobank Foundation, Ms. Julie Essiam and the Managing Director of Ecobank Ghana, Mr Dan Sackey, both encouraged Ghanaians to make blood donation a habit 26

June 16, 2017 4:16 AM Think about donating blood just as if your own life depended on it

It’s something that most people never think of unless their lives depend on it, and that’s the critical supply of blood in times of emergency. That’s why with the public hitting the roads this summer vacation season — along with typical accidents and hospital surgeries — the American Red Cross is encouraging those who can to give the precious life-saving 92

June 15, 2017 1:49 PM About 160,624 units of blood collected nationwide in 2016

Dr. Justina Kordai Ansah, the Chief Executive Officer of the National Blood Service, Ghana, has said in 2016, a total of 160, 624 units of blood was collected nationwide. However, out of the number, only 36.2 percent (3.6 out of 10) of the donations were from Voluntary Unpaid Blood Donor source (VUBDs). “The rest of the 63.8 percent (6.4 out of 10) was from family 108

June 14, 2017 2:19 PM World Blood Donor Day: Lack of donating culture causing shortages during emergencies

ISLAMABAD: A vast majority of blood donated in Pakistan is through ‘family donors’ or family members who donate blood in lieu of a need by a family member, as opposed to voluntary donors. Of the 3.5 million blood donations collected annually, around 90 per cent are from relatives of the patients while only 10 per cent is from voluntary donors, said Hasan 170

June 14, 2017 9:57 AM Daily chartThe global inequality of blood supplies

Giving blood is more popular in rich countries—but not in all parts of the world TODAY is World Blood Donor Day, celebrating those who each year make more than 112m blood donations. A single one can save up to three lives. Most of those lives are in rich countries, and not just because of better health care. Nearly 30% of blood donations occur in Europe 74