Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Fire Service blames near explosion at Mamba gas station on electrical fault

December 3, 2017 12:12 PM
18 0
Fire Service blames near explosion at Mamba gas station on electrical fault

The Ghana National Fire Service has blamed the near gas explosion at the Mamba Gas filling Station on the Odorkor Mallam road on an electrical fault.

The fire, which started at about 9:00pm on Thursday, was brought under control by the timely intervention of the staff of the station.

The PRO of the Ghana Service, Prince Billy Anaglatey speaking to Citi News, stated that there is the need to educate people on regular maintenance of their electrical source to prevent fire outbreaks.

He also emphasized that, aside installation, wiring system and circuits, the use of substandard electrical wires and switches can also cause fire in any household or institution, therefore Ghanaians should be weary of using substandard wires.

“Apart from the installation, we have these substandard electrical wires and switch within your premises that could cause fire” he said.

He also points to another aspect, which has to do with how we use our electrical source in terms of our facilities and appliances.

“There are people that overload these switches and sockets that can also easily cause fire within gas filling station that can result in disaster” he said.

Billy Anaglatey is thus urging all Gas stations to ensure that they carry out regular electrical maintenance on their facilities.

Source: citifmonline.com

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0